A Community Oriented Workforce Housing Project
In response to the significant workforce housing needs in the county, the Corner at Brush Creek is proposed to be a compact density, transit and trail oriented development, with both regulated and market rate housing. The Project will satisfy current and future needs for workforce housing at the north end of the Gunnison Valley.
The north end of the Valley is at a critical juncture. The number of second home owners is increasing and the number of year round residents is decreasing. In addition, the disruptive technologies of AirBnB and VRBO have made it easier for people to purchase second homes and rent them on a short-term basis. This trend is changing the character of the community.
Land & Gates Co Quick FAQs
- 2 miles south of CB @ the intersection of Hwy 135 and Brush Creek Rd.
- Land was originally purchased by CBMR, Town of Mt. Crested Butte, Town of Crested Butte and Gunnison County for the purpose of creating an intercept parking lot and affordable housing.
- The property was identified in the Gunnison Valley Housing Needs Assessment(link)(November 2016) as a parcel appropriate for development of workforce housing.
- Gatesco, Inc. was selected as the developer of the property after completing a vigorous RFQ and RFP process
- Gatesco, Inc. has 30yrs experience managing rental properties, and will have on-site offices to manage rentals and property maintenance.